Midlands Estate Sales offers a free, no cost consultation to guide you through the process of liquidating personal possessions. Offering estate (or tag) sales, on-site or online auctions and off-site (liquidation) sales, we will consult with you on the appropriate liquidation method, or combination of methods, that will be of greatest benefit to you.
If, after the consultation, you determine that Midlands Estate Sales can best meet your needs, we will then enter into a mutually agreed upon contract that stipulates the services we will provide and the cost to you. In regards to cost, we are paid on a commission basis.
The liquidation process we employ normally occurs in four phases:
Determine the full extent of items to be liquidated.
Determine the appropriate means for liquidating the items. These include:
- Conduct of an estate (tag) sale (usually 3 days) on the client's premises;
- Conduct of an off-site liquidation sale which involves removing items to be sold from the client's premises and placing them in one of our estate sales and/or in appropriate Columbia-area auction houses;
- Conduct an auction (usually one day) on the client's premises;
- Placement of selected items in an on-line auction (ie. EBay);
- Direct sale of selected items to Columbia area dealers, collectors and buyers;
- Donation of items to charitable organizations with tax receipts provided.
Conduct of the appropriate liquidation process.
Forwarding of the proceeds generated by the liquidation process to the client, minus any applicable fees associated with the cost of the liquidation and the commission due Midlands Estate Sales. Tax receipts generated by donations will also be forwarded.
If you have any questions about our liquation process please don't hesitate to contact us.
Call us at (803) 414-8823 or,